Call for Proposals (ASP-DAC 2020)
Submission Deadline: June 30, 2016
Asia and South Pacific Design Automation Conference (ASP-DAC) Steering Committee (SC) is soliciting proposals for the organization of the conference in January or in February 2020. According to regional rotation schedule of our bylaws, ASP-DAC 2020 is to be held in Asia-South Pacific area outside Japan.
Proposals should be submitted electronically by a group including at least one SC member of ASP-DAC to Hidetoshi Onodera, ASP-DAC Steering Committee Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for submission is June 30, 2016.
In the preparation of the proposal, please read carefully the bylaws of ASP-DAC on http://www.aspdac.com/aspdac/bylaws/
To be considered, submissions must include:
1) Proposed venue and city
- conference facility
- international accessibility
- hotel room capacity and expected room rates
2) Proposed dates
- The dates should be between January and early February, 2020,
and avoid the following dates.
- Lunar New Year (January 25, 2020)
- related conferences such as ISSCC
- In the case that the proposal is not selected as the venue of ASP-DAC 2020 unfortunately, if the group still has the will to propose it for 2021, 2022, and 2023, please notify the possible years. The proposal may be considered as a candidate of the future scheduling in the Steering Committee.
3) Organizing committee
- General chair and etc.
- List the name, affiliation, title, e-mail address, experience of the operation of the international academic conferences, contribution to ASP-DAC and / or our sister conferences (DAC, DATE, ICCAD).
- Technical Program Committee is not included in Organizing Committee.
4) First pass budget
- proposed pre-registration and on-site fees for members / non-members / students
- expected number of local attendees and overseas attendees
- expected donations or other incomes
- rough expenditures
- The budget should show a surplus of 20 percent.
- IEEE/CAS, IEEE/CEDA and ACM/SIGDA should be included as sponsor organizations.
- Local academic society can be one of sponsors of the conference.
- Proposed ratio of sponsorship should be described.
6) Statement that the organizers commit to closing the conference within one year from the event date, as required by IEEE conference policy.
7) Analysis of the impact of holding ASP-DAC to the country / area.
8) Analysis of the merits for ASP-DAC, ASP-DAC attendees, and the academic or industrial EDA / LSI Design fields.
9) Description of involvement of the local academic or industrial EDA / LSI Design fields.
Additional consideration will be given to proposals that also include one or more of the following:
- Proposals for Tutorials (highly recommended to be held)
- Proposals for LSI Design contest (highly recommended to be held)
- Proposals for the EDA exhibition or related activities
- Letters with expressed technical interest / cooperation from local industry
- and / or pledged financial support
- Details about the proposed social and spousal programs / available options
- Risk or other problems