ASP-DAC 2013 will be producing a CD-ROM version of the ASP-DAC 2013 Proceedings. Conference registration in any of the categories will include it. Additional Proceedings will be available for purchase at the Conference. Price is as follows:
CD-ROM Form: 2,000yen;
The proceedings will also be available for purchase after the conference; please contact IEEE for the bound version and ACM SIGDA for the CD-ROM version.
Conference registrants are invited to attend a banquet to be held on January 24, 2013. The banquet will be held from 18:30 to 20:30 at the fifth floor of conference center. Regular Member and Non-member Conference registrants receive a ticket to the banquet when they register at the conference. Full-time students, Designers' Forum-only registrants, and Tutorial-only registrants wishing to attend the banquet will be required to pay 5,000 yen for a ticket when they register on site.
Without a legal visa, foreign participants may be denied entry into Japan. Please contact your nearest Japanese embassy in order to ensure entry. Notice that the ASP-DAC 2013 Organizing Committee issues the invitation letters and supports the VISA applications only for presenters of the conference papers. All the other attendees have to apply for VISA through their travel agents or by yourself. In some cases it may take two months to obtain a legal visa. The following Web page of Japanese embassy may be helpful.
The organizer cannot accept responsibility for accidents which might occur. Delegates are encouraged to obtain travel insurance (medical, personal accident, and luggage) in their home country prior to departure.
The temperature in Yokohama during the period of the Conference ranges between 5 degrees Celsius and 12 degrees Celsius.
Only Japanese Yen(¥) is accepted at ordinary stores and restaurants. Certain foreign currencies may be accepted at a limited number of hotels, restaurants and souvenir shops. You can exchange your currency for Japanese Yen at foreign exchange banks and other authorized money exchange offices with your passport.
Electrical appliances are supplied on 100 volts in Japan. The frequency is 50 Hz in eastern Japan including Tokyo, Yokohama and 60 Hz in western Japan including Kyoto and Osaka. Leading hotels in major cities have two outlets of 100 and 220 volts but their sockets usually accept a two-leg plug only.
The business hours of most department stores are from 10:00 to 20:00. They are open on Sundays and national holidays, but may close on some weekday. Business hours of retail shops differ from one another, but most shops operate from 10:00 to 20:00. Shops are open on Sundays and national holidays.
Participants can get sightseeing information at the JTB Travel desk in the Conference site during the Conference period.
- CHINA TOWN
- Being the largest Chinese settlement in Japan, Chinatown is always alive with people who come to enjoy Chinese food. It is also a fun place for shopping or just walking around its many streets and alleys lined with colorful restaurants, shops overflowing with Chinese goods and stores that sell exotic ingredients and Chinese medicines.
- LANDMARK TOWER
- 296 meters high with 70 stories above ground and three levels underground. A 40-second ride on the world's fastest elevator skyrockets you to the 69th floor's Sky Garden.
- Hours: 10:00-21:00 Admission:1,000yen
- Access: 3 min. walk from Minato-mirai Station
- SANKEIEN GARDEN
- A purely Japanese-style landscape garden. Accenting the main garden is an impressive three-story pagoda and graceful garden bridges. Inside contains several old houses and farm buildings as well as Important Cultural Properties such as Rinshunkaku Villa and Chosukaku House.
- Hours:9:00-16:30 Admission:500yen
- Access: From Sakuragicho Sta., take Bus No.8 or No.148 to Honmoku-Sankeien-mae.
- YOKOHAMA PORT MUSEUM
- The site of the previous Nippon Maru, the former training ship for Japan's Maritime Defense Force. The Yokohama Port Museum, which specializes in ports and ships, is located next to the Nippon Maru.
- Hours: 10:00-17:00 (Closed Monday) Admission: 600yen
- Access: 5 min. walk from Minato-mirai Station
Transportation (Direction to Pacifico Yokohama)